Big Blue Row Slide Show

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 12 17—TransPac Solo Row Announcement by Angela

2010 12 17—TransPac Solo Row Announcement by Angela
from RowofLife

My Name is Angela Madsen and I am going to row a solo ocean rowing boat with no support boat from California to Hawaii.  What this means is that I will stay on my little boat the entire time, no one will give me any food or water, I will have to have enough provisions on board to sustain my life for as long as the journey takes.  I will row as many hours a day as I possibly can and will try not to drift too far off course while I sleep.  The time established by female soloist Roz Savage is 99 days.   I am hiring a professional project manager, Tony Humphrey to facilitate the purchase, shipping and outfitting of a solo rowing boat as well as assisting with fundraising and providing 24/7 land support and weather during my crossing.   I will start this rowing expedition Memorial Day weekend, May 30, 2011 from Rainbow Harbor in Long Beach, California and will be rowing 2,551 miles to USS Arizona Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii as a tribute to Veterans and Service Men and Women who have lost their lives or like myself, who have been injured in the Line of Duty.

I always say Situation and circumstance should never be allowed to dictate who we are and what we will be able to achieve in our lifetime.  Allowing situation and circumstance to oppress us is a choice.  I dream big and set goals for myself realizing possibilities and potential for success, being hopeful and willing to do what is necessary to achieve those goals.  When I first learned of the sport of Ocean Rowing I was drawn to it. I knew I was going to row an ocean. I did not allow the situation of being a woman and a paraplegic stop me. I just had to work harder and work differently to achieve my goals.

My current project can be followed on www.bigbluerow.com   I was planning my solo row when this crew approached me a few months ago and asked me to skipper their boat across the Atlantic in January of 2011, they clearly needed help so I agreed to go with their project. I have decided that rather than postpone my solo project, I can try to do both.  It is an ambitious plan but I am a paraplegic who rows across oceans.  It seems rather normal to me.  I don't have a lot of time to go out and find a sponsor so if through networking someone can help connect my team with a perfect partner to sponsor a first ever paraplegic to row across an ocean then I would be eternally grateful.  I do have a fantastic story. On my first crossing I could not find sponsors because no one believed a paraplegic could do it. Now all anyone has to do is check my resume of rowing achievements on www.RowofLife.com

To negotiate sponsorship package contact team Project Managers:
Tony Humphreys
Ocean Pursuits  


Debbie Moeller  debmole@sbcglobal.net  (661)363-3864

Angela Madsen, Website http://www.rowoflife.com E-mail Msparasurfer@aol.com (562)434-8334 cell (562)505-4157

   To support my individual fund raising Donate-Pay Pal on website Rowoflife.com or send check to The California Adaptive Rowing Program, 3350 E. Seventh St., # 231 Long Beach, Calif. 90804. Donations should include the words "PARA SOLO" in the memo box of the check. I am also seeking literary agent and publisher as completion of the edit process for my book is at hand.

Thanks for your consideration,
Angela Madsen
California Adaptive Rowing Programs


Angela and Roz Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment